POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : unexpected rotation result : Re: unexpected rotation result Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unexpected rotation result
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 6 Feb 2001 07:31:34
Message: <3a7feea6$1@news.povray.org>
Scott Hill schrieb in Nachricht <3a7fe7cb@news.povray.org>...
>Without brackets it is ambiguous, to a
>degree - we may default to assuming that we're meant to follow the standard
>operator order rules but we don't and can't know that that assumption is
>correct.

Well, it is even ambiguous with brackets. Cause if you don't fallow the
standard rules, you could give the brackets a totally different meaning.
That's what makes all communication that faulty - we assume, that we follow
the same rules, but most of the time we don't. As a wise man said ones - it
is more of an wonder that communication does happens most of the time in a
correct way than the opposite.

Marc-Hendrik